view from a train in Norway

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Product Placement

My sister gave me a George Foreman grill for Christmas. I have to say, I wasn't very excited when I opened it. It's not something I would ever have gotten for myself. For some reason, it feels like cheating, using a grill that plugs in to a wall socket. I admit, I'm a Luddite in the kitchen, the kind of obsessive personality that still insists on making every part of a Thanksgiving dinner from scratch. My other kitchen grill is cast iron and fits over two burners, and when you turn it over, the other side can serve as a griddle. It weighs about a million pounds and is a pain to clean. I bought it in a special store in Indiana. All of this made it feel more legit to me than the plug-and-grill.

Well, consider me a convert. I used the grill last night while my sister was visiting and it was AWESOME. I am such a fan now, I want to grill everything. I'm not sure I will ever use my stove again.

No comments: