view from a train in Norway

Friday, December 29, 2006

Slogging On

Missed a good surfing day today, which always puts me in a funk. I only have myself to blame, though. I got lazy, and it was just so cold. I'm getting soft; I can't handle the cold anymore. We didn't really heat our apartment at all last year. Now I feel like I have to have the heater running all the time. Plus, our apartment has zero insulation, another feature of this place that we won't be missing when we finally move out of here (hopefully soon).

The last few days of 2006, and here I am whining about the heat (or lack thereof). I can't believe we're most of the way through the first decade of the new millenium. In a few months I'll be twenty-nine; in another year, thirty. It doesn't feel like I've got all that much to show for it yet. Here's to next year.

No comments: