view from a train in Norway

Friday, December 01, 2006

It Shows

December already. A new month, almost a new year. I can't believe how cold it is, but I'm excited for the holidays. Friends coming into town, holiday lights and spirit, and all that. I'm also excited for Mavericks to start breaking, so I can go watch the truly hardcore tangle with the rocks and the sharks. It's never been about the adrenaline for me, but I admire the people who get out there.

I can't believe it's almost 2007. Where did the first decade of the new millenium go? I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were taking calls from parents on the topic of whether they would let their eleven- or twelve-year-olds date. My immediate response was, NO WAY. I can't imagine letting a kid that young date. And then I had a sudden flashback. When I was twelve years old and boys would call me, my parents would freak out. I thought they were so unreasonable. At twelve, having boys call and want to ask you out seemed like the most vital thing in the world. How could my parents deprive me of that? Now, sixteen years later, I'm thinking more like a parent and not like a kid. When did this transition happen? The age, it's starting to show.

No comments: