view from a train in Norway

Monday, July 02, 2007

Do The Right Thing

Why do people say this like it should be so easy, the right thing apparent in any given situation? I want to do the right thing - I want to do what God wants - but I just don't know what it is anymore. Do the "responsible" thing and go back to work so that my family doesn't have to worry about money, so we can give more to church and charities? Do the "self-fulfilling" thing and stay here, stay home, keep writing and hoping and praying for someone to buy my book? Do the "practical" thing and keep looking for a middle ground, for a job that won't take my life and my soul, that will leave me time to write on the side? Which one of these is the "right" thing?

I have been so depressed and discouraged lately. It's hard to keep putting one foot in front of the other when you don't know if the journey is leading anywhere. I need a pick-me-up, but I don't even know what that would be, I'm so play-challenged.

No comments: