view from a train in Norway

Friday, August 10, 2007

Baby baby baby

I was the first one at the hospital to visit my sister-in-law yesterday, by like two hours. The tired parents, recognizing that they have many, many days ahead in which to hold their baby, were happy enough to relinquish her for a time. So I got to hold her until everyone else showed up. She is such a darling baby. Eight pounds, five ounces, 21 and 1/2 inches. The cutest hands and feet. Light brown hair, blue eyes (although both may change as she gets older). I already love being an aunt. My parents-in-law, who have been anxiously awaiting a grandchild for practically the last decade, looked so happy yesterday, it was heartwarming. We all took turns having our picture taken with her. I would be afraid that she was going to be spoiled if it weren't clear that she is a little angel.

No comments: